|RESEARCH & MEDICAL STAFF|
|Access: Medbay, Morgue, Genetics, Research Division|
Additional Access: Chemistry, Xenobiology, Robotics, Tech Storage, Mineral Storage
Supervisors: Chief Medical Officer
Duties: Clone people, unlock mutations and print injectors for the Clown to steal
Guides: Guide to genetics, Guide to medicine
Quote: Well maybe if the Captain had asked before plunging that syringe into his artery he wouldn't be a monkey now.
You start in the Genetics Lab and get to play God. This is a very technical class, but there are a few simple things people can do that are still learning the ins and out of genetics. The main thing you're meant for: find super powers, fix disabilities, and cloning dead people.
Bare minimum requirements: Clone the corpses dropped off at your doorstep. Don't hand out Hulk
This is one half of your job. Make sure you know how to do it.
How to Clone people
- Put a dead, unhusked corpse in the DNA scanner
- Use the cloning console and press "Start Scan"
- Once the scan has completed, press "View Records," select the person you need to clone, and press "Clone"
- (Optional) Leave the gear from the corpse in front of the cloning pod and put the corpse in the Morgue
Early Ejection is what happens if
you forget someone forgets to keep the cloning pod filled up with Synthflesh. Early Ejection is often times detrimental, requiring the person to be cloned again. The effects of Early Ejection include the person coming out:
- Without a heart
- Without limbs
- With blindness/deafness/muteness
- With Tourettes
- With severe brain damage
- With severe radiation poisoning
- With severe cellular damage
Not worth it.
Being able to clone the Miners and Space Explorers when they inevitably die is nice, even more so if you don't have to go out to Lavaland or Space to retrieve the corpse. To do this, just bug the Miners and Space Explorers to get into the DNA scanner while they're still alive, scan them, then, when they die, use the cloning console and clone them as usual, if they are still alive, you will not be able to clone them.
Any geneticist worth their salt knows that manipulating the DNA of living things is their ball game.
See the Guide to Genetics when you're ready for the real SCIENCE.
- If someone has a cavity implanted item, you can instantly remove it by monkeying them.
- You can put disks into the cloning computer to save the UI and UE of people scanned.
- While unstable mutagen and radiation will cause primarily negative mutations to manifest, having them manifest will prevent you from wasting time slowly unlocking them via the console.
- It can be empirically shown that, for an unupgraded machine, a pulse duration of 4 seconds is the most efficient trade-off of time and success rate