Jump to navigation Jump to search
This is an index-page for finding guides related to aspects of development and contributing to the game. Guides will be linked with a short description of what they are about.
Feel free to add to this page if you have any resources that may help aspiring developers. It is recommended you keep guides within the bounds of this wiki.
For design direction and coding guidelines, see https://github.com/BeeStation/BeeStation-Hornet/wiki
|General||Development, Downloading the source code / hosting a server, Guide to git, Game resources category, Guide to changelogs|
|Database (MySQL)||Setting up the database, MySQL|
|Coding||Understanding SS13 code, SS13 for experienced programmers, Binary flags, Text Formatting|
|Mapping||Guide to mapping, Map merger, Exploration Ruins|
|Spriting||Guide to spriting|
|Wiki||Guide to contributing to the wiki, Wikicode|
- Design Goals - https://github.com/BeeStation/BeeStation-Hornet/wiki/Design-Goals - The current goals and direction of the game.
- Code Standards - https://github.com/BeeStation/BeeStation-Hornet/wiki/Code-Standards - The essential guidelines that maintainers look for in a PR.
- Guide to coding - https://hackmd.io/@BdkEQ8tISgW8Pbn2OquQxQ/B1SeqStVq - Making a new item in the game from scratch, from environment setup to the Pull Request.
- Guide to hard-dels - https://hackmd.io/@PowerfulBacon/guide_to_harddels - Explains how to avoid hard deletes, a quirk of the game's garbage collection.
- Understanding SS13 code - An older guide, explaining SS13 and DM to new coders
- SS13 for experienced programmers - Another older guide, explaining SS13 and DM to experienced coders.
- Visuals - https://github.com/tgstation/tgstation/blob/master/.github/guides/VISUALS.md - Guide describing most things relating to visuals and rendering on /tg/, however most of it also applies on BeeStation.
- Working with the database - Setting up a local database for testing purposes, very useful for testing persistence and reducing development time.
- Guide to git - Using git command line, as well as dealing with merge conflicts and using mapmerge/dmimerge
- Guide to spriting - How to create sprites for the game. This is fairly outdated, however.
- Guide to mapping - Many tips, tricks, and guidelines for creating maps.
- Map Merger - Use of mapmerge2, a vital tool for resolving map merge conflicts, as well as installing Git hooks.
- Guide to mapping/Exploration ruins - Guide explaining how to map exploration ruins.