Additional Access: Varies
Supervisors: no one
Duties: Whatever your job title may entail
Guides: New Players, Starter guide, Frequently Asked Questions, General items, Guide to construction, Illicit Access
Quote: Come into maint for a free haircut! anyone! please!
Gimmick is a title spanning any job that spawns in random maint. They are usually equivalent to assistants, starting with maint access and no real job. All you have is your title and the gear you spawn with. All maint jobs have tools in their starting rooms that give them what they need to escape if they're locked in in some way
Bare minimum requirements: try to do what your assigned gimmick entails.
HELP! THERE'S NO WAY OUT OF MY SPAWN ROOM All gimmick titles spawn with the necessary tools to Break Out of their spawns if need be.
The Barber is a job that spawns in the barbershop. You have the tools to do surgery and other minor medical procedures, and the tools necessary to style hair. You spawn with a straight razor, which works as a normal razor, a scalpel, and a decent weapon due to its high blood loss, and a Hand Mirror, which allows you to style your own hair when you use it, and helps with self surgery. The barber shop also comes equipped with Hair dye, barber's aid, and a spray tan bottle which sprays enough spray tan to instantly overdose, giving any race short of an ipc a mop of hair to work with
The Stage Magician spawns in an empty theatre. You have very little responsibility other than entertainment, similar to a Clown or Mime. However, you have a beacon that can give you one of three items, indistinguishable from his normal outfit.
- Tele-Gloves: After a cooldown, these gloves can let you use your empty hand on anything within three tiles, whether for remote stealing or force choking. They're loud and very visible, though
- Bottomless Top Hat: This hat can store a limited number of mobs and items. You can even hide in it yourself! Simply hit something with the hat to try to shove it in
- Invisibility Cloak: A cape that allows you to go invisible for limited time, but recharges in darkness.
The official title for a homeless guy living in maintenance. You're a useless bum who spawns with psychotic brawling, drugs, and the ability to appraise floorpills and budget insuls. You also spawn with a tinfoil hat that gives you a crippling phobia.
- Tinfoil Hat: You will never wear off this tinfoil hat since it is your mind shield against evil ones controlling your mind. If you lose your tinfoil hat from your head, your condition will become uncontrollable. Keep your tinfoil at all costs.
Whatever a VIP exactly is, It appears that you are allowed to be sticky with the captain. No? It must be an ignorant action against you. Nobody knows why you are a VIP, but there's a reason. El presidente, a CEO or an ambassador of a space nation, really whoever you are. Your payment is comparable enough to the captain and they know you are a VIP.
- High Payment: Your payment is exceedingly high, while you don't have any responsibility for your payment.
A man with a doctorate in a field that is absolutely useless on the station, he has a room with two cells, one of which may or may not contain a potentially dangerous inmate. Try to at least bring the moodlet of everyone around you higher.
- Medbay Access: Of course, you are a member of the medical department, thus you're allowed to access the medbay. Most of the time you are just an ad-hoc doctor with some more personal space if the chemist hasn't already taken it over as a drug factory.
- Emotional Support Animal Delivery Beacon: Brings a cat. Hang around with your cat and let people pet it. Be careful of your cat since the cat is quite vulnerable from attacks.