|Note: This page is moderated and can be referenced in OOC issues, such as ban appeals, complaints, reports, etc. This may not apply to the pages this page links to.|
- 1 Admin Conduct
- 1.1 New Admins
- 1.2 Senior Admins
- 1.3 Head Admins
- 1.4 Impartiality and transparency
- 1.5 Banning Policy
- 1.6 Trial Admin Policy
- 1.7 Notes
- 1.8 Playing the game
- 1.9 Messing with the criminal
- 1.10 Events and proper protocol
- 1.11 Innocent until proven guilty
- 1.12 Ticket Conduct
- 1.13 Rulings and Precedents
- 1.14 Admin Strikes and Demotion
- 1.15 Behavior
- 1.16 Antagonist Tokens
- You must apply on the forums following the rules and template to have a shot at being an Admin.
- You may not apply for Admin while server banned from either server. You may not apply if you are Discord banned either.
- New Admins must be at least 18 years old.
- Trial Admins may vote from +1 to -1 on an Admin application. Admins and above may vote from -2 to +2.
- The Head Admins may accept an application even if it doesn't have a positive tally. This also applies vice versa, applications that have a positive score may be rejected.
- Senior Admins are selected by the Head Admins.
- There is no limit to how many Senior Admins there can be at once.
- Senior Admins have the added benefit of being able to vote on Trial Admin Promotions.
- Senior Admins can approve events but cannot approve their own.
- Senior Admins can not overrule other Admins.
- The Head Admin role is an elected position. Only Admin and above may apply. The ones that apply will be voted on by Trial Admins and above. Each candidate will be given a score between 0 to +5. The vote will end 1 week after it starts. The candidate(s) with the highest score is elected. Candidates may vote for themselves.
- Head Admins have a 1-year term. They must give up the position for another election to take place after their time is up.
- Ex-Head Admins may apply for Head Admin again, given that they're eligible.
- Head Admins that do not resign after their term is up will be given the Senior Admin position.
- Head Admins are automatically considered to be within the Council.
- Head Admins must deal with everything from Admin Reports to New Rulings among many other things.
Impartiality and transparency
- Do not resolve tickets/reports about you.
- In addition, do not punish a player who broke a rule against your own character and instead leave that to another admin.
- Ensure tickets and situations are handled equally across all players.
- Any form of bias in dealing with players is not tolerated, favoritism from players or other staff should not weigh in the decision making process.
- Any and all bans/notes/strikes/basically ADMIN related issues, whether from Discord, the server or the forums, are to be discussed and carried out on Text/messaging instead of VCs in order to log whatever is discussed/talked * about. Under no circumstances are issues regarding ban appeals, strikes or note appeals be discussed in a public nor a one-on-one text/VC chat, and when an agreement/result is reached, it shall be posted for the public in order to maintain transparency and consistency/coherence with the admin team.
- If someone breaks the rules, and they get punished IC by another player or in-game by coincidence, do not take that into account. IC and OOC punishments are not comparable, and notes should be handed out regardless as a record. Unless the normal punishment would be done IC, in-game consequences for broken rules should have no bearing on the outcome of a ticket.
- Job bans are to be given out when a player has shown to be too incompetent or non-compliant to play as a role properly without compromising the game for others.
- Server bans are to be given out when a player has shown to be non-compliant with our rules or is activity malicious towards the server, the staff, or other players.
- Regarding repeat violations: With each record of a violation the severity of the punishment escalates to the next degree of punishment (IE: Note > Minor > Major > Perma). However, if a ban is appealed the punishment should not escalate. You should also not ban people simply because they have a lot of notes, they are only there to adjust the punishment on a new offense.
Trial Admin Policy
- Trial Admins must have their tickets reviewed by an admin to issue a server ban. This rule does not apply to job bans. Trial Admins may apply job bans at their own discretion unless a higher ranking admin rules otherwise.
- Trial Admins are to put who authorized the ban in their server bans. In the event the ban does not include the banning admin, it must be edited and put in.
Trial Admin Promotions
In order for a Trial Admin to be promoted to the full admin position the following conditions must be met:
- Trial Admins must have served at least 30 days within the administrative team and been active in that time.
- They must have dealt with a minimum of 100 tickets.
- There must be no active admin reports against the Trial Admin.
Upon these conditions being met, a vote will be held among the Head Admins, Senior Admins and Host.
- Before being promoted in this manner, it is likely that questions regarding tickets will be asked, which can be unique to each time.
- In the event this vote fails, Trial Admins must serve another month. If the Head Admins decide you are unfit, you may be demoted and forced to reapply within a month.
- Read the notes to determine if they’re relevant to the player’s current misconduct. To ensure a consistent record is kept for repeat offenders, include the number of similar notes in your note.
- When writing notes, describe the misconduct and how the player responded. Be sure to include the rules broken, how cooperative the player was in the ticket, and any information or warnings given to the player.
- Do not show a player someone else's notes, be it through Discord or in-game means. If they want to share it, they can do so through the OOC tab in-game.
- While notes expire automatically after some time, it is encouraged to manually set the time for them anyways.
Playing the game
- When in-game as a player, it’s advised to de-admin while playing essential roles. Essential roles include: Antagonists, Heads of Staff, Security, and Silicons. Though this rule is not strictly enforced it is recommended to follow to avoid any incidental metagame. If you’re the only admin online feel free to ignore this rule to maintain activity in tickets.
- Inform the other admins online if you are going to deadmin in order to play. This rule is simple common courtesy to keep the admin team informed and coordinated. While not heavily enforced if caught abandoning admins during a busy round to avoid tickets you may be punished.
- If you are alone and wish to play, stay adminned.
Messing with the criminal
- Messing with rule breakers must result in a punishment equal to the crime, if any action is to be taken at all.
- Admin favoritism is not acceptable, giving boons/punishments must be the result of actions within the current round and independent of OOC factors.
Events and proper protocol
Admin Events are large-scale modifications to the round that would dramatically affect the typical flow of the game. When doing an admin event, you must do the following:
- Before the event even begins a player vote must be held (OOC Tab) with a majority in favor of participating in the event.
- An admin announcement must be made explaining that an admin event is occurring, any information or expectations from the players must also be included. If a part of the event requires the exemption of any of the server rules, those rules must be stated as well.
- The admin(s) holding the event and managing it’s construction are responsible to make sure the event and round are done properly.
- Events must have the approval of a Senior Admin or higher before occurring.
Innocent until proven guilty
- Do not issue a punishment unless you can prove their misconduct through logs
- Same goes for accusations of lying in tickets, you need proof that it was intentional and not misinformation.
- Admins should reply to every ticket even if it’s not relevant, inform the player of why before closing it.
- Do not intercept another admins ticket without asking them first, if you need to correct them or change their ruling use asay or PM the working admin instead.
- If a ticket becomes too complex or another issue prevents you from resolving it inform the other admins through asay and provide the ticket number.
- Obviously, handle tickets respectfully and do not be condescending or aggressive in admin PM’s. It is only an atmospherics simulator game for clowns.
Rulings and Precedents
- Head Admins can overrule other Admins.
- Senior Admins may not overrule other Admins. Their only added privilege from being an Admin is the ability to approve events.
- In edge cases or more complex rulings that you are uncertain about, refer to #precedent-zone in the Discord or ask for direct input through #adminhelp-help.
Admin Strikes and Demotion
- Admin strikes are issued by a Head Admin as a "punishment" for breach of conduct.
- When an Admin receives a total of three active strikes they are to be demoted from their position immediately.
- Violating the Admin Conduct will be judged based on what happened, how it happened, and external factors; with the introduction of admin notes.
- Admin strikes are removed by a Head Admin by a unanimous agreement to appeal the strikes.
- Trial Admins need only 1 strike to be removed from their position.
- The demotions of Senior Admins are to be handled by the Head Admins. Depending on the strike(s), they may be demoted to Admin or removed from staff completely.
- Maintain a decent standard of professionalism when operating within the community. Insulting, harassing, or intentionally offending anyone in our community is not tolerated.
- If you are being insulted or harassed, don’t provoke or retort their behavior as it will only escalate hostility. You can choose to ignore them if they do this, but you should still attempt to resolve their ahelp or forum post in an efficient manner.
- Do not spam ping members of the community or staff.
- Remember that you set an example for the community and are expected to follow the same rules as strictly, if not more strictly, than standard members of the community.
- Do not leak admin channels without expressed consent from all parties involved and head admin+ approval. Even if the information has zero sensitive information in it, always get approval before posting from restricted channels.
- Antag tokens can only be given out when a server crashes because of an Admin (misuse of commands etc.) Host related server crashes do not count.