Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Note: This page is moderated and can be referenced in OOC issues, such as ban appeals, complaints, reports, etc. This may not apply to the pages this page links to.|
This page provides the naming conventions that are enforced as part of the rules
- Human: Normal human names, the kind that won’t raise an eyebrow if you chose to name your child. This applies to all other races that reference human names. Human names should not include any prefixes nor suffixes.
- Apid: Human First name that starts with B, Flower last name. Names that resemble clever bee-puns or names involving buzzing.
- Ethereal: First name is any celestial body or name that sounds like one (look into Greek/Roman mythology for inspiration if nothing else), Last name is two capital letters.
- Felinid: Normal human names, though typically with Asian origins.
- IPC: Robotic Acronyms or Model identification numbers consisting of 4-10 Numbers, letters and hyphens. Human names are not appropriate for IPCs.
- AIs and Borgs: Robotic Acronyms, Model identification numbers or simple Non-Acronym names provided they are computer or robot related. Human names are not appropriate for borgs or AI.
- Lizard: Hyphenated names describing some action, or two part hyphenated names following Ashwalker naming conventions.
- Oozeling: First name is almost any color, last name is any human surname ending in "son" (son of), "dottir" (daughter of), or "bur" (child of).
- Moth: Latin (or psuedo-latin) species name OR a Single word object, concept or event of some special significance to the character. Names containing "Moth" or "Lamp" are not permitted.
- Plasmaman: First name is or sounds like a periodic table element, last name is Roman Numerals
- All races: Are forbidden from having titles, nicknames and honorifics in their character name. This means “Dr” is not your first name and quoted nicknames don’t go in the middle of official IDs
- Clowns, Mimes and Wizards: May completely ignore the guidelines outlined above, but are still up to admin discretion on whether a name is inappropriate in general. Names should not impersonate staff or other player characters.