Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Note: This page is moderated and can be referenced in OOC issues, such as ban appeals, complaints, reports, etc. This may not apply to the pages this page links to.|
This page provides the naming conventions that are enforced as part of the rules on our Medium role-play server, Sage.
- Human: Normal human names, the kind that won’t raise an eyebrow if you chose to name your child. This applies to all other races that reference human names.
- Fly: Same as the human naming guidelines
- Apid: Human First name that starts with B, Flower last name. Names that resemble clever bee-puns or names involving buzzing.
- Ethereal: First name is any celestial body or name that sounds like one (look into Greek/Roman mythology for inspiration if nothing else), Last name is two capital letters.
- Felinid: Normal human names, though typically with Asian origins.
- IPC: Robotic Acronyms or Model identification numbers consisting of 4-10 Numbers, letters and hyphens. Human names are not appropriate for IPCs.
- Lizard: Hyphenated names describing some action, or two part hyphenated names following Ashwalker naming conventions. Naming convention is directly taken from Argonians of The Elder Scrolls franchise.
- Oozeling: First name is almost any color, last name is any human surname ending in "son".
- Moth: Latin species name - look up some of your favorite plants, animals or similar and use the species name if you don't like random names. Admin discretion may turn away certain actual species names.
- Plasmaman: First name is or sounds like a periodic table element, last name is Roman Numerals
- Squidpeople: Any name that resembles a lovecraftian horror, or any human name that works by changing the first few characters to Squ-
- All races: Are forbidden from having titles, nicknames and honorifics in their character name. This means “Dr” is not your first name and quoted nicknames don’t go in the middle of official IDs
- Clowns, Mimes and Wizards: May completely ignore the guidelines outlined above, but are still up to admin discretion on whether a name is inappropriate in general.